Here are the main reasons why your Twitter Background header Image will look different to your original picture:
1. Twitter Header Backgrounds are displayed at their best if they are sized at 1252 x 626 pixels. This will avoid your image being stretched to fit the space and distorted.
2. When your header is uploaded, Twitter adds a black/grey gradient layer to your image despite your image colouring, so you will need to account for this. Pale images will show this gradient markedly.
Other Tips for your Twitter Header Image:
1. A Darker coloured Header Image allows the white Text to display more prominently.
2. If your Twitter Page wall paper is vibrant, a more plain styled header background will compliment it, rather than adding to the busy appearance of the page.
3. Twitter allows "Calls to Action" on Header Images, meaning you can have an Arrow pointing to the follow button if you wish.
4. Header Backgrounds can be changed easily and as often as you like. Many businesses choose designs to compliment their existing logos or branding, but the Header image can really be used to showcase your business. For Example: Real Estate Agents may want to change their header picture to display the view or interior of a property they are currently selling etc.
Blue Bird Internet Marketing & Social Media